GaptoothDiva gets tips and advice about childcare and parenting from one of Richmond’s most profound childcare providers, Cherrelle L. Hurt. Ms. Hurt will discuss how she became the go-to person for new parents and individuals seeking a career in childcare and what are the best techniques & methods parents should use to ensure adequate childhood development in our infants, toddlers, teens, and young adults.
Cherrelle L. Hurt, CDA (Child Development Associate) has been working in the field of helping profession for over 19 years. She is currently the owner of As We Grow Child Care & Learning Center /REIGN, LLC. Previously the Coordinator of the Earliest Beginnings Parenting Project for Children’s Health Involving Parents (CHIP) where she worked most of her young adult life. Ms. Hurt certifications and trainings include; MELD (Minnesota Early Learning Design) Site Coordinator, Born to Learn, Parents as Teachers- Parent Educator and recently a graduate of Hope in the Cities- Community Fellowship Program and the Black Caucus – Minority Political Leadership Program. In 2006, Endorsed by Councilman Marty Jewell, Ms. Hurt ran for her local school board and impressed by placing second in a 5 man race. As a committed community volunteer with service hours as Vice President of her Woodland Heights Civic Association, President – of Cities in Schools, Community Advisory Group and facilitator for Offenders Aid Restoration (OAR) where she taught Anger Management classes to inmates preparing for re-entry into the community. She is the proud mother of college student and honor roll elementary student.
As business owner of As We Grow Childcare & Learning Center/ REIGN (Reaching Each Individual in Guidance and Nurturing her mission is to provide affordable, safe and nurturing environment to all children. Currently she is building up the nonprofit that will provide free services to other business professionals and the community. The quote that best describes her passion for her work is “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, “What are you doing for others?” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Check her out…
As We Grow Childcare & Learning Center
451 Belt Boulevard Suite E
Richmond, VA 23224
Open Weekdays 6:30pm-10:30pm; Sat 8pm-11pm
Also, featuring Professional Flute Player Michael G. Hawkins. Michael G. Hawkins musical experiences include playing at numerous events such as community events, weddings, and receptions. He has participated with groups that opened for performers such as gospel recording superstar, Ms. Shirley Caesar. One memorable event that took place involved him playing in Coax, Switzerland. At that event, he had the opportunity to play in front of many individuals from different parts of the world. Upcoming events include October 22, 2010 at Refresh Lounge at 7 p.m. (Artist Signing at Faith Landmarks Ministries).
Check him out… www.myspace.com/michaelghawkins
Listen Live @ 9pm
Call w/ Questions & Comments LIVE
- Response: The great majority of nurseries meet Ofsted’s stringent standards (guardian.co.uk)
- Our priority should be free childcare, not child benefit (liberalconspiracy.org)
- In College, With Kids: How to Deal (distance-education.org)
- Parenting So Easy, Even A Caveman Could Do It [Prehistoric Parents] (jezebel.com)
- A Guide To Choosing A Day Care Center In NYC (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Row over childcare reform costs (heraldsun.com.au)
- RightTime KiDS Offers Free Childcare to Parents Going on Job Interviews (eon.businesswire.com)
- Calls for more childcare support (news.theage.com.au)
- Plan to put childcare overhaul on hold (theage.com.au)
- Gaps in childcare are highlighted (bbc.co.uk)
- Obama to sign $42 billion bill aimed to help small businesses (cnn.com)
- UPDATE 1-Obama secures crucial vote for small business plan (reuters.com)
- Obama signs $30B small business lending bill (sfgate.com)
- Congress sends small business bill to Obama (reuters.com)
- Obama secures crucial vote for small business plan (reuters.com)