GaptoothDiva chops it up with Lez, Author and Publisher of “A Lesson Learned”, a life-like illustration of a young woman from Richmond, making hard life decisions on quest to support herself and her child. GaptoothDiva picks her brain on the self-publishing process and ask how new writers embark on the process of putting their first book on the market without the need to submit to small and large publishing houses.
“A Lesson Learned” is Lez’s self-published debut novel, which is a compilation of her own personal lessons creatively intertwined with those of others that ultimately created a page-turning depiction of life’s harsh realities, complex conclusions, and enough humor to make you laugh.
Lez’s inspirations include the works of others such as J. California Cooper and Sista Souljah. She is very compassionate about reaching out to women who may have struggles in their lives that can be turned into positive experiences. As a result of her outreach, she founded a women’s networking and social group named Shades of Mahogany in Richmond, Virginia. This group provides an atmosphere of trust, community service and positive energy.
The proud mother of two continues to work on many novels to come. Her writings are an easy read and are bound to include at least one character that is walking in your shoes. Be on the lookout for her next novel that will have you turning from cover to cover.
Go to her website
Contact Lez for upcoming release information or book purchases at LezCover2Cover@aol.com
To comment or ask Lez questions LIVE:
Tonight 11/16/2010 9:00 PM
Call-in Number: (646) 378-0442
Click on the GaptoothDivaRadio Link to your right or go to:
- Be Careful About Self-Publishing Too Fast! (christianwomensspeaker.wordpress.com)
- The Lifetime Affair Between The Diva and Doctor God (prweb.com)
- “3L Publishing Announces the Official Launch of National NovelWriting” and related posts (prnewsnow.com)
- Think in LIS: Self-publishing and Libraries (thinkinlis.com)
- Self-Published Author Tells How She Survived Life Like a Cat (prweb.com)
- How to Self-Publish Your Book | How to Self-Publish Your Book the … (howtoselfpublishyourbook.com)
- When Authors Turn Publisher (litlove.wordpress.com)
- 20 Lessons New Authors Learn (broadsideblog.wordpress.com)
- Is there a Future for Books? by Ian Dale (teleread.com)