When it comes down to relating, understanding, and putting feeling into music, you would think Lela Bizz, a native of Virginia, would have been through every type of relationship situation you could think of. But Lela Bizz writes songs from the heart as if she has been through these situations before. These heartfelt songs are the main reason people can relate to hermusic.
Lela’s music thrives from relationships she has either been in, or heard about. Her soulful R&B sound is too unique to categorize. Lela’s songs situations range from knowing how to treat her man, from lusting a man that wasn’t hers, to admitting that she messed up and pleads to come back home.
Lela has no regrets of her past relationships because they have all turned into songs.
Lela was born in Richmond Virginia. Born the eldest of four children she knew that singing was a talent that God has given her. Lela became a household nickname given to her by her mother when she was younger. Lela began writing music at the tender age of 7. Even back then she wrote songs that touched people in a way that couldn’t be overlooked. At the early age of
8 she aspired to make music her life, so much so she joined as many choirs which included church and school choirs to perfect the craft of singing.
Growing up singing was and still is definitely in her blood. Lela’s
Grandfather is in a gospel group called the Brother Love Quintet and listing to them as a youngster she knew that it was only a matter of time when she was going to get the chance to show everyone that she has raw talent also.
Lela always knew that singing was her number one love, so she perfected her raft by singing everyday. Singing seemed to be an outlet for her to escape he harsh realities of her life. That is positively the reason her experiences are the sole reason why her music is so beautiful. Some of the vocalist that Lela grew up admiring are Whitney Houston, Mary J. Blige, Monica, and Brandy just to name a few. Life’s a musical is the name of her
debut album. Its not a mystery how she came up with that name. No matter how you look at it, Lela is about her “Bizzness”.
Check her out…
LelaSong Music Group LLC
Industreet Ready Mixtape 9-1-10
Play My Tape Mixtape 9-1-09
LISTEN IN & CALL LIVE
- GaptoothDiva Radio – Featured Artist of the Week, Jay Bizz of VA Tonight 1/13 at 9pm (gaptoothdiva.com)
- Alexis Nicole – Every Good Girl (adroedgirls.com)
- GaptoothDiva Radio – Featured Artist of the Week Diallo Tonight 1/20 at 9pm (gaptoothdiva.com)
- GaptoothDiva – VA’s Hot Artist Music Video List January 2011 (gaptoothdiva.com)
- Q&A: Singer Angela “Mecca” Scott, Star Of Jay-Z’s Reasonable Doubt, On Working With Jay, Big L, And A Real Housewife Of Atlanta (blogs.villagevoice.com)
- GaptoothDiva Radio – Interview w/ Featured Artist of The Week Black Liquid Tonight 1/4 @ 9pm (gaptoothdiva.com)
- Lela’s Party/ New haircut (katlizortiz.wordpress.com)
- Female Entrepreneurs Come Together In Richmond Virginia Thanks To Natashab1980.com’s Owner, Brandy Bacote. Check Out The Ladies Night Out Event! (gaptoothdiva.com)
- The Best 3 Things About: Softspots Virginia (onlineshoes.com)
- Custer LaRue (dickthespic.org)
- GaptoothDiva Radio – Featured Artist of The Week, Petersburg’s Own BONAVIL Tonight 3/1 at 9pm (gaptoothdiva.com)
- GaptoothDiva Radio – Featured Artist Of The Week Sharice Styles Tonight 1/25 at 9pm (gaptoothdiva.com)
- Music Monday: Flying Lotus Music Video (Sorta NSFW) and 757 Mixtape (gregisdumb.com)
- Lela Rose Spring 2011 – Backstage Beauty (stylelist.com)