It’s been a crazy year and from what my horoscope tells me, it’s going to get even crazier next year. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate every single one of you rocking with me for so long, it’s a blessing to have the support of great people. I’ve enjoyed my work with GaptoothDiva.com, GaptoothDiva radio, GaptoothDiva TV, and all the other projects that I’ve touched. I can’t wait to embark on some new things and make you all more motivated and even more inspired.
If you’ve been under a rock for the past couple of weeks, my best friend/husband and I just found out we are having our second child next summer. Believe me, with all the work I’ve been doing, that was the last thing I expected to happen, but we are excited nonetheless. More children, means more abundance, so like I always say #bringiton. I just warn you all who are super busy in your dream chasing, to avoid sex on the floor if possible, because that’s how we were caught up. Ok, enough with the TMI!
We are the process of expanding our brand and coming up with some new ideas to share with you all. Since we’ve been married for almost ten years, yes, I did say that, so expect some stories from our relationship that may help you down the road of finding and maintaining love. I feel so blessed these days, and when you got it good – you should share how you did it for those who need it. Now, we aren’t any Steve Harvey’s over here, although I love him dearly, but we have it right the first time and want you to do the same. Therefore, that should be fun for the 2012 New Year and I can’t wait.
For all my fashion and Beauty heads out their, expect to see more of that on the website as well. I will still keep http://www.FYourStyle.blogspot.com as my outfit post location, but I want to share with you some great unique and often handmade things I find from RVA and all around. The music will still be here also, but geared with more intense interviews and better artist. If you know anything about independent artist, they are a lot. I don’t want to saturate the game with interviews with every Tom, Dick, and Yung Harry, so we will be more stringent on who gets interviews and why. I want you to be inspired, not annoyed.
Gaptoothdiva.com is going to include more of my own life lessons that I’m learning. I’m not perfect, so I feel like people need to hear from someone like them. I don’t pretend to be some infamous socialite with nothing going for me but my sexual assets. Although I love my body and my style, I have much more to offer you than that. I want you to gain something that you can apply to your own lives, through interview with fantastic people, through events that I attend (substantial events), through advice and tips, and most importantly, through experience. That’s what I’m good at and that’s what I believe we need.
So, while I spend the next two weeks wrapping this final big project, spending quality time with my loving and supportive family, and trying to desperately to come up with non-ghetto baby names, I want to tell you all how much I love you. I love your ambition and you ability to overcome your present by always looking to the future.
My dream is that in 2012, we will:
1. Stop hating on human being with no super powers; if you have faith then you will get your chance.
2. Stop creating garbage and stuff you think the hood wants to see. Our work should be from the heart.
3. Stop comparing yourself to other people. Do YOU for a damn change!
4. Start having a purpose. Write down your purpose and look at it everyday as a reminder. Why are you doing this?
5. Pursue at least one new thing that you have always wanted to do. Live with no fear of failure. However if failure happens, don’t let it break your stride.
6. Stop exploiting ourselves for attention and public discussion. I’m tired of seeing naked chicks on my timeline, especially ones with children.
7. The mind is a terrible thing to waste. Consider what vices may be limiting your potential. Many of you love weed, these days a lot of you, but don’t indulge so much that you stop your dream before it even starts.
8. It’s ok to have a family and be in love. Don’t live so much in the public eye that you forget that you have a real life and real responsibilities. Fame is a goal, but fortune is a privilege.
9. Be honest to yourself and others. They say the world is going to end. I don’t want it to end with bullshit in my mouth… period!
10. You never know who you are going to inspire, so don’t discount your fans no matter what age, shape, or background they’re from. Talk to everyone and support anyone, your next leg up might be from the unexpected.
11. Stop trying to be a bandwagon success. Don’t do a Busta Rhymes and get signed to every new hot label, or jump on the next lap of the most successful person you know. Create your own lane. At the end of the day, you’ll have fewer checks to write.
12. Don’t discriminate or make false accusations, get you info straight. Twitter people are famous for listening to their timeline and not doing their own research. If you saw on your TL that Obama did something, go check your facts before you comment. Stop listening to the grapevine.
13. Fall in Love. With all this hard work and grinding, it so refreshing to have someone that can hold you, tell you you’re doing great, and even give you a truly honest opinion. I break bread with those that loved me when I was starving. There is nothing like true love in your life.
14. Include your kids. I need to adhere to this more. My son is the biggest motivation of why I do most of this. I should have him involved more, and you all should too. People like to see that they can relate or that your life is inspiring. Not everything has to be glitz and glamour, but real reality (not Kardashian reality) is entertaining.
15. Never quit! This year has had its high’s and lows, believe me. However, I don’t regret anything, except being more open about it. I shut down for a while. I was worried and anxious most of the time. I should have spent more time enjoying the ride. You may not always have money, friends, and fly clothes to go out to events, but you still have vision. Keep going in your dream. Don’t let obstacles get in your way, no matter how big or small. After everything is said and done, you can look back and really talk about what you made it through. It will be hard, no doubt, but nothing worth having ever came easy. This is your dream/goal, who going to check you, boo (*Sheree voice*)???!!!!
I hope you are inspired to make some great changes for the New Year, because I definitely am. I can’t wait. While I’m busy working on these things and doing the family thing, I may drop a few videos here and there, so stay tuned on www.Youtube.com/GaptoothDiva and be sure to subscribe.
“Dream as if you’ll live forever, Live as if you’ll die today” – James Dean
The Baddest Creative Motivation!!
See You In 2012
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 2011 5K Walk w. GaptoothDiva & Family (gaptoothdiva.com)
- GaptoothDiva Interview w/ W.I.L.L An Artist, Entrepreneur, & Mentor changing the game and our Youth in RVA (gaptoothdiva.com)
- GaptoothDiva Attends the 2011 Richmond Craft Mafia (@RVACraftMafia) Handmade Holiday Craft Show at Plant Zero (gaptoothdiva.com)
- There is Never a Dull Moment in the Life of GaptoothDiva (gaptoothdiva.com)
- Watch The Divas In Designs 2011 Fashion Show in RVA (gaptoothdiva.com)
- GaptoothDiva TV – Interview w. DOE The Paperboy, Lyricist in RVA (gaptoothdiva.com)
- GaptoothDiva TV – Interview w. Kiara Lee Author and Activist of Light-skinned, Dark-skinned, or In Between? (gaptoothdiva.com)
- GaptoothDiva Inspiration – Happy Birthday Alphonso, GaptoothDiva’s Rockstar Bad-A** Dad (gaptoothdiva.com)