Our discussion with Jah I Witness on GaptoothDiva Radio last Thursday, was amazing. Talk about inspirational! It’s something about having a frank dialogue with people who have made themselves more than privy to our culture, our future, and our lives that just astounds me. I wish I could just copy and paste all the knowledge that this guest held into not only my mind, but also the mind of so many others. I don’t want to put him on a pedestal, but it takes a strong will and plenty of courage to do away with what the world teaches you, and find knowledge on your own. It’s people like him that inspire me constantly to read about new things and educate my family and myself.
Besides his exceptional personality, his music resonates with me as well. Almost bringing me back to a time when life was less complicated and more about a optimistic feeling. He talks about our plight as African Americans, and our need to stand up for what we believe in, lyrics that we can’t admit that we hear everywhere. Then suddenly another song discusses the obstacles of love and getting your feelings into it. I’m blown away. This musician and activist, takes emotion to another level, making me want to be a better pilar in my community. It’s that real.
Although we laugh and joked the entire evening, I really feel like he taught me something about where we’re going. He also taught me about the business we conduct to get there. It’s independent artist like Jah I Witness, which should be saturating our timelines on Twitter and blaring through our speakers at home. It’s not a diss…. its just reality.
GaptoothDiva Radio –
Every Tuesday & Thursday at 9pm EST
**To be a Featuredb Artist send an email to GaptoothDiva@hotmail.com
Follow GaptoothDiva on twitter for more of the BADDEST CREATIVE MOTIVATION @GAPTOOTHDIVA
- GaptoothDiva Radio – Alabama’s Nikki D. Interview (gaptoothdiva.com)
- GaptoothDiva Radio – So !LLa of So Proper Ent. Interview (gaptoothdiva.com)
- How to Get Your Music Featured on Blogs and Internet Radio Shows (gaptoothdiva.com)
- Life Lessons You Can Take From A Hair Battle Royal or Local Hair Competition (gaptoothdiva.com)
- Camp Diva’s 5th Annual Date with Dad Dinner & Dance in RVA (planet804.wordpress.com)
- What’s in a Name? Conscious Business backlash over Soda Wars (consciousleaders.wordpress.com)
- Angela Davis Lost Her Mind Over Obama (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Can’t Fight The Youth: Bob Marley’s Early Years (marleyarkives.wordpress.com)
- Racialized Consciousness, Symbolic Representionalism, and the Prophetic/Critical Voice of the Black Intellectual (logosjournal.com)
- Talking to Your Kids About Race (thirtythreadbaremercies.wordpress.com)
- Conscious or Conflicted? Are They The Truth Or Just Ful of Shit? (gangsgoonsandgunz.rahrahrecords.com)
- An Open Letter from Singer Sinead O’Connor About Trayvon Martin, Racism Pop Culture & Music 25MAR Sinead O’Connor (worldwright.wordpress.com)
- Are You A Walking Stereotype? Dressing to Make Society Feel Comfortable (gaptoothdiva.com)