Last year when I did my first haul video, I enjoyed myself so much. I wasn’t sure if people would like it or not, part of me didn’t care. I just wanted to share one of my passions, which happened to be thrifting. Most girls do their fashion haul videos and it’s consisting of stuff bought from all the major retailers. I don’t think that’s interesting at all. In my opinion, it’s easy to go to Forever 21 or Charlotte Russe, and just pick up the latest trend and take it home. Then these girls sit in front of the camera as if they did something amazing. They did not.
I think it takes more creativity and courage to post a video of stuff you found at a thrift store or flea market. Not everyone else can see the potential in thrift store treasures. In addition, more people are pretending as if they are too high class to shop at thrift stores. With today’s economy and my eclectic personality, I can’t see why anyone wouldn’t. I love it, with no trepidations I shop until I drop. That’s why I’m almost complete with my challenge of “At Least 90% Thrifted”, where I only where items that I either already own or I’ve thrifted. I can’t buy new retailer items, unless it’s cosmetics or accessories.
So look forward to me sharing new stuff… and try to see the potential. I dare you!
- RVA’s Family Thrift Center Is a Shopping Battlefield (gaptoothdiva.com)
- Thrift Store Saturday with My Sister (thekatekeeper.wordpress.com)
- Thrifting While Black: One Woman’s Journey into the World of Thrift Shopping (atlantablackstar.com)
- Thrift Store Dangers (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
- Vintage Shopping for Dayzzz (miabiia.wordpress.com)
- New Thrift Shop Opens to Benefit Benedictine Sisters (benethillmonastery.wordpress.com)