Saturday was trying to be a somewhat gloomy day, with the clouds and threats of rain. However, yet again RVA Pride Fest brings in just a little more with its bright rainbow of love and unity. I headed out to Pride Fest with the one and only, incomparable Mareesa Dawn to mix and mingle with our friends and the LGBT community. We had a blast, listening to music, walking around getting stickers and information, and most importantly snapping pictures with those in attendance. Once that camera starts going, it’s no mercy.
Check out the stylish and creative at Kanawha Plaza this weekend. It appeared that denim and Mohawks were in full effect Saturday, as well as bright colors and rockstar chic attire. The bolder the better at Pride Fest as patrons wore outfits that represented their personalities and how they felt at the moment. It’s only at PrideFest that I get to pose with an over 6ft. tall Diva in feathers and glitter. I mean, it’s not as if I know Ne Ne Leakes personally, so someone had to step in.
I love seeing how much fun everyone is having. All you see is a bunch of hugs and laughter, from those enjoying the performances and the show. If you want to see a large group of people, happy in their own skin, this is definitely the place to be. It’s about living life proud of who you are and what you represent, something that doesn’t need to be explained. It is through people that believe that, that we really learn something. I just can’t explain how much I love coming every year. Next year, I hope to see more new faces and fashions, I got that camera ready.
A Special Shout Out to this fantastic couple, who will be getting married in October (hawaian themed wedding, how cute!) We wish them so much love, laughter, and success. Cheers!
To see more photos or to tag yourself, be sure to visit our Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/GaptoothDivaOnline
- Thousands gather at PrideFest for unity and fun (timesdispatch.com)
- Occupy D.C. Demands That LGBT Ally Keep His Home (advocate.com)
- Open Letter to Historically Black Colleges on Supporting LGBT Students (bilerico.com)
- California bans ‘reparation therapy’ for LGBT minors (rawstory.com)
- Gay Chicago TV talks Electing LGBT Politicians with the Victory Fund (bilerico.com)
- Broward County Becomes First Major School Board to Pass Resolution in Support of LGBT History Month (queerlandia.com)
- Indiana county #3 best community for LGBT youth (pridealliance.wordpress.com)
- Pro-LGBT hackers attack Uganda again (goatysnews.wordpress.com)
- What You Need To Know About LGBT Divorce (blogs.lawyers.com)
- Chick-fil-A manager goes against flock, sponsors gay pride festival (wtvr.com)