I’m so happy to announce that I have been selected to be a Badged Blogger for RVA Fashion Week. My love for Richmond Virginia, fashion, and creativity are all blossoming into opportunities that I can’t wait to dive into immediately. I appreciate all of the support and accolades that I’ve received, because without certain individuals recognizing my talent and my goal for this movement, it wouldn’t have been possible. GaptoothDiva.com had been an ever-changing concept, with lessons and obstacles that I never regret. I’m learning as I go along, and my intention is to be a service to those people who felt like I did a few years ago, “Where can I find people like myself?”
When your style is so different, when you neglect the safe route and choose to do what makes you feel “normal”, then it becomes difficult for you to put yourself out there. I get that and I hope that from here on out, you feel welcomed enough to join me on my journey as I tap into my own style and that of some of the phenomenal people I meet everyday.
With this blogging collaboration, I plan to convey a message that is parallel to RVA Fashion Week. I also want to shed light on an eccentric and nontraditional territory of fashion and culture in our city and around. “The mission of Richmond Fashion Week is to:
- Bring Richmond an amazing week of style, creativity, street culture, and elegance via fashion—year after year.
- Display distinctive fashion trends for Richmond natives and surrounding areas.
- Help existing businesses build their clientele and increase revenue.
- Create a booming awareness of local fashion for all businesses, sponsors, vendors, participants, and guests.”
- RVA Fashion Week website (www.rvafashionweek.com)
I look forward to giving you more of what I love and I can’t wait to report on the events, styles, and amazing people I plan to connect with because of this new opportunity. I want to thank all of you again for your support. Let’s Work!
Check out the RVA Fashion Week website and connect with them on twitter.
Follow them on Twitter: @rvafashionweek
- I’esha “GaptoothDiva” Hornes
- I’esha GaptoothDiva is Named One of the New Faces of Ivie Rose Boutique, Curvy with an Attitude (gaptoothdiva.com)
- GaptoothDiva TV: My One Year Natural Hair Journey (gaptoothdiva.com)
- Top 10 Fashion Capitals (essentialtravel.co.uk)
- Outlet shopping coming to RVA (wtvr.com)
- Paris Couture Fashion Week 2013 (runwayeverywhere.wordpress.com)
- How We Dress @ Third Wave Fashion (theblush.com)
- Fashion Recap: Africa Fashion Week 2012 Campaign (themonroeedoktrine.wordpress.com)
- Fashion News: H&M To Show At Fall 2013 Paris Fashion Week (fashionbombdaily.com)
- Fashion Week Update 25.1.2013 (fashionising.com)
- What’s Your Fashion Statement? (moicontrelavie.com)